Only my second post and I am already going to have a “guest” writer – sort of. Let me explain:
My eleven year old daughter frequently complains that she doesn’t like to write, that she is not very good at it, etc. She will admit she does like creative writing, but only if she can choose what to write about. She hates it she is given a topic, even if she can be creative with the writing.
She recently had to write a book of poems for school. She may not like to write much, but boy she sure loves to dance! So naturally, in many of her poems dance made an appearance. This one was my favorite:
Recipe for Dancing
2 heaping cups of flexibility
1 heart full of patience
2 handfuls of listening
1 pinch of dreaming
1 dash of believing
1 sprinkle of working hard
1 pinch of faith
- Take 1 person. Place in one heart full of patience.
- Add 1 pinch of dreaming and 2 handfuls of listening. Mix well.
- Sprinkle generously with working hard.
- Add 1 pinch of faith and one dash believing.
- Slowly add the two heaping cups of flexibility.
- Spread over a period of a lifetime.